City of Arcata
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PROBATION COMPLIANCE CHECK LEADS TO ARREST OF ARCATA COUPLE
On Saturday, Jan. 28 at about 1:17 p.m., an officer on patrol recognized a subject that was on probation entering a mobile home in the 1000 block of 7th St. Several officers responded to the residence and contacted Sarah Schultz (34) of Arcata. Schultz was found to have a warrant for her arrest and a search clause as a term of her probation.
A fellow resident of the home was identified as Carl Partee (51) of Arcata. During a probation compliance check of the residence officers found 24.5 grams of methamphetamine that were packaged for sale, a .22 CAL semi-auto rifle and drug paraphernalia. Schultz was arrested for her outstanding warrant.
The investigation led the officers to believe that Partee was involved in the sale of a controlled substance, among other violations of the law. Partee was arrested for the following charges:
- 11377 H&S-Possession of a controlled substance
- 11378 H&S-Possession for sale of a controlled substance
- 11366 H&S-Maintaining a drug house
- 11364 H&S-Possession of drug paraphernalia
- 11351 H&S-Possession of a narcotic
- 29800(a)(1) PC-Felony in possession of a firearm
Both Partee and Schultz were transported to the Humboldt County Correctional Facility, where they were booked and lodged.