Snow levels to drop to 2,500 feet tonight

Photo from a chilly and long bike ride to Berry Summit many years ago. Jack Durham | Union

Photo from a chilly and long bike ride to Berry Summit many years ago. Jack Durham | Union

Mad River Union

HUMBOLDT – The mountains of Humboldt County, such as Berry Summit, are expected to get snow today, while the low-lying  coastal regions may see some rain showers, mostly later this evening.

The National Weather Service is forecasting that sub-freezing temperatures will spread across the high terrain of northwest California today and tonight, causing snow levels to fall to about 2,500 feet.

Areas such as Berry Summit on State Route 299 could see one to three inches of snow accumulation tonight.

Arcata is expected to be partly sunny today, with a high of 51 degrees. There is a 30 percent of showers after 4 p.m., with the odds increasing to 70 percent after 10 p.m. The showers may continue through Tuesday morning.

Both Tuesday and Wednesday should be partly sunny in the late morning and afternoon.

Wednesday night Humboldt may shift to a pattern of rain, rain and more rain, continuing through the weekend.




Authors

Related posts

Top