HUMBOLDT – Six community grants totaling $50,000 have been awarded by Coast Central Credit Union.
This was announced recently by Dean G. Christensen, the credit union’s President/CEO. To date, the credit union has awarded $650,000 to 52 community organizations. As part of its Community Investment Program, the credit union’s volunteer Board of Directors approved the following community awards:
• $25,000 to Food for People, to support the purchase of a van to provide critical food distribution services throughout the county;
• $8,200 to the McKinleyville Community Skatepark Organization, to help fund the remaining construction costs for completion of the indoor RampArt Skatepark in Arcata;
• $5,000 to the Greater Rural Rescue Society, to support the purchase of a central heating unit for the organization’s animal shelter on Highway 96 in Hoopa;
• $5,020 to the Northern Humboldt Union High School District, to support the expansion plans for the Arcata High athletic training facilities, including the purchase of new tables and equipment;
• $5,000 to the Humboldt Senior Resource Center, to help fund the purchase of a “sit-to-stand” lift to assist the safe movement of disabled clients within their facility and
• $1,780 to the Open Door Community Health Centers, to support the promotion of literacy through the purchase of books that are given to children who are patients in local clinics.