• Tuesday, October 7 12:18 a.m. Deputies took a report for documentation purposes after they responded twice to Wesley Dove’s apartment on Reasor Road in McKinleyville for complaints of loud “people noise.”
11:32 p.m. It was just another hazy dazy falling-down-drunk evening for Gregory Taggart, who was down on the edge of the road near Hiller and Central Avenue in McKinleyville. Taggart’s drink-of-choice this evening was Steel Reserve, a “High Gravity Lager” with 8.1 percent of the magic elixir. He was gripping a can of the malt liquor when deputies arrived and shook him awake. Taggert’s speech was slow, slurred and sloppy. His eyes were watery and he smelled like he had been pickled in beer. Taggert was arrested on suspicion of being drunk in public and once again lodged in a place that should be very familiar to him – the county drunk tank in Eureka. Taggert is on probation for being drunk in public.
• Wednesday, October 8 7:06 a.m. Stephanie Bruner showed up at her ex-boyfriend’s house on Barnett Avenue in McKinleyville and started pounding and kicking at his door. When a deputy arrived and tried to handcuff Bruner and search her, she struggled with the deputy. Eventually she was detained and arrested on suspicion of resisting arrest, possession of marijuana and for a felony warrant. She was booked in the Humboldt County Jail.
5:55 p.m. A woman suffering wounds from a domestic violence incident went to Mad River Community Hospital for treatment. Interviewed by a deputy, she acknowledged that she was the victim of domestic violence, but refused to say who assaulted her.
• Thursday, October 9 12:54 p.m. Bruce Cotherman was driving a car on Gwin Road in McKinleyville when he inexplicably stopped in the middle of the road. There his car sat, blocking traffic. Cotherman got out of the car and staggered away. When deputies arrived and contacted Cotherman, he admitted to having consumed alcohol. The California Highway Patrol was called to the scene to conduct a sobriety test. Cotherman was arrested and booked into the Humboldt County Jail on suspicion of driving under the influence.
• Sunday, October 12 5:29 p.m. A mother left her one-year-old and three-year-old with a neighbor on Sutter Road in McKinleyville while she went to the store. When the mother didn’t return, the neighbor called the Sheriff’s Office to report the alleged child abandonment.
• Monday, October 13 4:41 a.m. On Parkside Drive in McKinleyville, there was a garage with its door open. Inside the garage was a car with its doors unlocked. Inside the car was a purse, which is now gone.
6:42 p.m. Melinda Johnson, who had been drinking, showed up at a residence on A Avenue in McKinleyville to visit her son. Due to her level of intoxication, her estranged co-parent would not allow the visit. Johnson allegedly became combative and started pushing and shoving the victim. Deputies were called to the scene and arrested Johnson on suspicion of disorderly conduct and spousal battery. She was booked into the Humboldt County Jail.