Community articles

McKinleyville Senior Center: Chromebooks come aboard

McKinleyville Senior Center: Chromebooks come aboard

Happy Wednesday! Here’s an update on the McKinleyville Senior Center…. wishing I had firm dates for our reopening, but I don’t.  I do have some news to share with the community. We have reached the first stage goal of computer literacy for seniors with the purchase of Chromebooks for the center.  This was made possible

Trinidad Tidings: Trinidad’s Best

The City of Trinidad’s Public Works team, with Ryan DeSmet leading the department and Kyle Shipman assisting, deserve praise, gratitude and a vacation. Ryan and Kyle are everywhere, overseeing the city water system, broken pipes, leaks, maintaining the Town Hall and library, mowing Saunders Park, maintaining vegetation on Trinidad Head and on almost every street,

Arcata Playhouse hosts fundraiser for local musician Julie Froblom

Arcata Playhouse The Arcata Playhouse will host a special fundraiser for extraordinary local musician Julie Froblom. Jenni & David and the Sweet Soul Band will perform in support of Julie, their saxophonist, in a virtual concert at the Arcata Playhouse on Saturday, May 15 at 7 p.m. Julie has contracted a rare lung disease,

Trinidad Tidings: Pandemic Project – Field Guide to Household Wildlife

Some of the creatures described are frog, salamander, eagle, hawk, hummingbird, owl, quail, raven, swallow, woodpecker, wren, ant, bee, beetle, caterpillar, grasshopper, ladybug, mosquito, pill bug, potato bug, praying mantis, scorpion, spider, tick, wasp, snake, bat, bear, bobcat, cat, coyote, deer, dog, fox, gopher, mountain lion, mouse, rabbit, raccoon, rat, ringtail, skunk and squirrel.

Creamery District art installations Saturday

Arcata Playhouse CREAMERY DISTRICT – As a partnership between artists and scientists, Playhouse Arts coordinated the collaboration of many minds to create art installations in the Creamery District that highlight the unique ecosystem of the Jolly Giant Creek.  Two new public art projects, a permanent sculpture installation and a mural project, will be installed in

X