Community articles

Trinidad Tidings: ‘Sculpted Photographs’ show opens at WCA

Trinidad Tidings: ‘Sculpted Photographs’ show opens at WCA

The Alphabet Baroque Club, featuring Maria Caswell on violin, Judiyaba on treble viol, Gwyneth Davis on bass viol, and Phebe Craig on harpsichord will perform “On the Road to Hell” during this intriguingly named Renaissance music concert, influenced by Dante’s Divine Comedy: The Inferno, The Purgatorio, The Paradiso written in 1320.  Admission is $10 to $24 on a sliding scale.  

Godwit Days reminiscences in this silver anniversary year

I called on several people who have been – and still are – involved in the festival in some capacity. Seven responded. I asked them about when they started their association with Godwit Days, what roles they have played, why they continue to participate, and what they believe the event has contributed to making Humboldt County a better place.

Dental Health Fair offers free screenings

February is Children’s Dental Health Month, and Smile Humboldt and its partner organizations are inviting residents come to a free dental health fair Saturday, Feb. 22 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Bayshore Mall. Stop by to learn about when children should have their first dental visit, meet a local dentist and receive a free dental screening.

Winkler offers $500 reward for graffiti info

“Graffiti is a crime that devalues property. It can leave the impression that our community is an undesirable place to live and do business. This is not how I would like our residents and visitors to feel about Arcata. I have spent several years working to clean up graffiti all over our City, so if I am able to offer an incentive that makes someone think twice before vandalizing City murals, I am happy to do that for the community.”

X