The Community Alliance with Family Farmers (CAFF) provided comments for the recent Co-op Board meeting regarding their stance on the GMO Crop Ban. They are as follows:
The Community Alliance with Family Farmers (CAFF) will be deciding whether to actively support the ban based on their members’ input. We hope to be moving on getting member input this February.
We do have a general statement about GMOS that is the following:
• objective, long-term testing of the impacts of any GMO on human health and the environment has been conducted,
• results of such tests have been disseminated to farmers, consumers and any other affected parties,
• farmers are assured full indemnification of liability,
• all food containing GMOs should be labeled,
• and GMO patent holders are held fully liable for any adverse impacts on human health and the environment resulting from GMOs developed with their technology.