Arcata Main Street
ARCATA – Arts! Arcata, Arcata Main Street’s monthly celebration of visual and performing arts, held at locations in Arcata, takes place Friday, April 12 from 6 to 9 p.m. Below are the venues, exhibits and shows.
• Angelica Atelier, 1101 H St. No. 2: “Stoned Galaxy – A Creative Force,” a mixed media collaboration by Marisa Kieselhorst and Abigail Knottingham.
• Alchemy Distillery, 330 South G St.: Pen and ink art by Pen + Pine.
• Arcata Artisans Cooperative Gallery, 883 H St.: Glasswork by George Bucquet, photography by Jim Lowry, with wine pouring by Bayside Community Hall.
• Arcata Branch Library 500 Seventh St.: “When There’s a Fire…” photography series by Stuart Moskowitz, live music by Bandemonium, wine pour by Friends of Arcata Library.
• Arcata Exchange, 813 H St.: Mixed media art by Jay Brown, live music by Viva Dulce featuring Bob Billstrom, with wine pour by Historical Sites Society.
• Astronomers of Humboldt, on the Arcata Plaza: Astronomers of Humboldt on the Arcata Plaza celebrating spaceflight and space exploration.
• Bayside Books, 64 Sunny Brae Center: Screen printing by Jesse Allen.
• Bubbles, 1031 H St.: Live music by Cory Goldman and Lyndsey Battle.
• Fire Arts Center, 520 South G St.: Ceramics by Elizabeth Johnson with a nonprofit wine pour.
• The Garden Gate, 905 H St.: Mixed media by Susanna Gallisdorfer, live music by the James Zeller Trio, and nonprofit wine pour by Healthcare for All.
• Global Village Gallery, 973 H St.: Showing rajasthani textiles
• The Heart of Humboldt, 601 I St.: Acrylic paintings by Derby McLaughlin.
• HSU Natural History Museum, 1242 G St.: Scale drawing and nature art workshops, music by Kathe Lyth on harp and the Redwood Coast Children’s and Adult’s Chorus, with nonprofit wine pouring.
• Plaza Grill, Jacoby’s Storehouse, 791 Eighth St., third floor: Photography by David Boston, Jeff McCallay and Deborah McCallay.
• Libation Wine Bar, 761 Eighth St.: Photography by David Howell, live music by The Fusilli Brothers, with wine pouring.
• Moonrise Herbs, 826 G St.: Acrylic paintings by Chaz Arrington and Linda Joanne, live music by Howdie Emmerson, harp, nonprofit organization wine pouring by Arcata Rotary Club.
• Northtown Books, 957 H St: National Poetry Month reading by Jerry Martien, Kirk Lumpkin and Vinnie Peloso.
• Om Shala Yoga, 858 10th St.: Art By Maria Bermudez.
• Pacific Paradise, 1087 H St.: Art by Ambrz Art.
• Plaza Shoe Shop, 699 G St.: Mixed media art by Midge Catching.
• The Sanctuary, 1301 J St.: “Wildlife at the Bottom of the Globe” photography exhibition by Alan Peterson.
• Stokes, Hamer, Kirk & Eads, LLP, 381 Bayside Rd.: Oil paintings by Linda Kosoff, live music by Tyger Byle, with wine pouring by American Cancer Society - Relay for Life Team No. 32.
• Tin Can Mailman, 1000 H St.: “White Rabbit,” a graphic design show by Kendall Muell.
• Umpqua Bank, 1063 G St.: “Artistic Investigations and Explorations” a mixed media art show featuring eighth different artists
Visit arcatamainstreet.com, Arts! Arcata on Facebook, or call (707) 822-4500 for more information.